Greetings, Central Shaw Neighbors:
Welcome to my fifth neighborhood dispatch. This week’s update: Meeting Alert; Quick Updates; Other Topical Items; Local Biz Buzz. Read on…
· ANC 6E meets tonight, June 1, 6:30p
· I hosted a 6E01 town hall on Thursday, May 13. We discussed mostly issues of rats, trash, dumping; and traffic speeds and safety.
· MPD announced on May 27 the arrest of the suspect in the horrific May 18 shooting of mother and child on the 1500 block of 10th Street NW.
· Also on May 27, I co-hosted a community walkthrough with DC government officials and concerned neighbors. Folks from 6E01 plus Ward 1 and 2 gathered to express their concerns. One key way to get our needs met is to get engaged and know how to ask for the tools you need to succeed. I will include announcements of any follow-up activities in future updates here.
· On May 29, I released a statement about the 9th street protected bike lane. Protected bike lanes make our roadways safer for all users.
Other Topical Items
· Today, June 1, parking enforcement returns!
· Today, June 1, libraries are open for seating and browsing.
· Today, June 1, workshop on ending gun violence. Noon to 5p.
· Metrobus service is expanding June 6, more routes and later service.
· UDC is hosting DC Master Gardner Basic Training this fall. Registration open June 14 to July 18. Q&A session June 7 at 7p.
· UDC is hosting a community listening session discussing “community needs as it relates to diet, health, and nutrition education within the District”. June 10, 5p.
Local Biz Buzz – Convivial
I had my first 100% unmasked indoor meal at Convivial this weekend. My parents were in town and we enjoyed a nice Saturday afternoon with great food.
801 O St NW
Thanks for reading. For past newsletters, check out my blog.